Archive for October, 2015
The 1st International WWFF & COTA Meeting will be held at Castle Guessing, WCA OE-00005, in Guessing, Austria on the 6th – 7th August 2016. Further information will be available in the near future. Contact: OE4YLA, Anette () or OE4VIE, Jo ()
– Vasile YO6EX will be active on the 31st of October and on the 1st of November 2015 from Zlagna Fortified Church (built in XV Century), WCA: YO-00991, RFA/RHO: SB-F103, WFF: YOFF-183, Hartibaciu Valley zone. He plans to work as YO6EX/P by CW on 7030, 10124, 14040, 18084 KHz +- QRM, by SSB on 7130 and 14254 KHz. QSL via bureau or direct. 73 & 44 & 11! [tnx info YO6EX].
– Karl DL1JKK will be active on the 28th of October beginning approx 8 UTC till 11 UTC from Castle Wolkenburg, WCA: New one, COTA-DL: New one and later approx from 13 UTC from Old Castle Penig, WCA: New one, COTA-DL: New one and New Castle Penig, WCA: New one, COTA-DL: New one. He plans to work on 40 meters and 20 meters as DL1JKK/p. QSL via bureau or direct. 73 & 44 & 11! [tnx info DL1JKK]
– Jean Marie F5NLX (WCAG # 148) will be active from the 27th till the 31st of October 2015 from Chateau du Pen Mane, WCA: F-06261, DFCF: 56-112 located in west of France in Bretagne near Atlantic ocean. He plans to work every day from 06:30 till 11:00 UTC on 7.100, 10.121 and 14.031 CW/SSB as F5NLX/P. QSL via Home Call, bureau or direct. 73 & 11! [tnx info F5NLX].
Bulgarian Castles and Reserves with LZ2OQV/P /2013-2015/
The award is issued for QSOs/SWL reports with LZ2OQV/P to licensed radioamateurs and SWL. QSOs/SWL reports are valid between 01.01.2013 -31.12.2015.
To get the award must make QSOs/SWL reports with 5 refferences for EU, 2 refferences for DX,3 refferences for LZ,YO,YU,Z3,4O,E7,SV,TA. Please check your QSOs in WCA e-log and WFF e-log. Valid refferences are WCA-LZ-19,25,26,89,154,156,157,193… and WFF-LZFF006,029,067…
QSOs with LZ2OQV/WCA-LZ-003,006,159/are not valid. The award is free of charge and will be sent only in PDF-format!
Please,write in your application date,hour and refference of the QSO and your e-mail address!
Send your applications before 01.03.2016 to e-mail:
– Andreas DL7UST on the 25th of October is going to activate two castles in Rudolstadt (Thuringia): Ludwigsburg Castle, WCA: DL-01443, COTA-DL: THB-149 and Heidecksburg Castle, WCA: DL-01313, COTA-DL: THB-019. Both objects have not been activated before, so give a new points in COTA Award Program!
He will be work from 08:00 UTC till about 16:00 UTC. The planned QRG is 7.131 MHz, the exact frequency he will announce in the cluster. QSL via bureau or direct. 73 & 11! [tnx info DL7UST]
Manfred DF6EX reports:
DL8MLD, DK2AJ and DL1NTC plan to be active on the 10th of October 2015 beginning at 07:00 UTC from Castle Poplitz, Castle Alsleben and Castle Beeseblaublingen (all within the valid radius).
– Gerd DL5AWI will be active on the 10th of October 2015 at first from Nature-Reserve Seeberg, DLFF-199 around 08:00 UTC for about 2 or 3 hours as DL5AWI/p and later as DL0WCA from Castle Burg Gleichen in Muehlburg, WCA: DL-01331, COTA-DL: THB-037 until the battery be alive. Please spot him if you hear. QSL via bureau or direct. 73 & 44 & 11! [tnx info DL5AWI]
– 7Y7Y Team on the 9th of October 2015 will be active from Fort of Tamentfoust, WCA: 7X-00014. The call sign will be 7Y7Y, operators will be: 7X2RO, 7X2LA, 7X2KC, 7X2GX, 7X2AR and 7X2UV
Afif de 7X2RO
– Michael DB7MM will be active on the 2nd of October 2015 from Castle Burgruine Poppberg, WCA: DL-02820, COTA-DL: BOB-029. He plans to work as DB7MM/P beginning from 12:00 UTC on 7.131 MHz +/- QRM, 14.310 MHz, handheld standby on 145.500 MHz. This activation is also valid for: SOTA DM/BM-256. Do not hesitate to answer his calls even if he call CQ SOTA. All QSOs will be valid for COTA/WCA. Check http://www.sotawatch.org/spots.php for exact QRG and time. QSL via Home Call, bureau or direct. 73 & 11! [tnx info DB7MM]