– Emil, DL8JJ plans to activate Ile du Large (DIFM MA-001, WW Loc. IN99KL), Iles Saint Marcouf (EU-081, WLOTA 0060), Basse Normandie, France, between 5-11th July, 2015. QRV as F/DL8JJ/p on 160-10 metre CW and SSB. This activation is also good for the Ile du Large lighthouse (DPLF PB-052, ARLHS FRA-055, WLOTA 0060) and the Fort de l’Ile du Large (DFCF 50-013, WCA F-02100). l’Ile du Large also makes up part of Iles Saint-Marcouf nature reserve. QSL goes via LZ1JZ, direct or Bureau. Further info and updates at: www.dl8jj.darc.de/ [tnx info ICPO]
– Dragan YT2KID will be active on the 7th of June 2015 from old town fortification Maglic the kings, WCA/CISA: YU-00010. He plans to work as YT2KID/P on 40, 20 and 17 meters. QSL via Home Call, bureau or direct. 73 & 11! [tnx info YT2KID].
– Vinny DL6II will be active on the 30th and 31st of May 2015 from Gut Langfort, WCA; DL-04842, COTA-DL: NRB-140. He plans to work as DL0IL/P on 70cm – 80 meters. Sked are welcome. QSL via DARC bureau. 73 & 11! [tnx info DL6II].
– New members of WCAG:
#141, F5SZB Bernard Frangne;
#142, SA7CNX Lars Nyman.
– Laurent F8FSC will be active on the 17th of May 2015 and participate in JNC from Chateau de La Sauge, WCA: F-06208, DFCF: 39-052 located in St. Lamain. He plans to work as F8FSC/P on all bands. QSL via Home Call. 73 & 11! [tnx info F8FSC].
– Lionel F5NEP will be active on the 17th of May 2015 and participate in National Day of French Chateaux from Tour du Chateau D’Orgeres, WCA; F-06207, DFCF: 61-164. He plans to work as F5NEP/P on 80, 40, 20, 15 and 10 meters. QSL via Home Call. 73 & 11! [tnx info F5NEP].
– The operators of Clube Radioamadores do Entroncamento CS5CRE will be active on the 16th of May 2015 from Alegrete Castel, WCA: CT-00096, DCFP: C-096, DMHP: PG-006, DMP: 1214. They plan to work as special callsign CR6AG on all bands SSB and Digital modes. QSL info on QRZ.COM. 73 & 11! [tnx info CT1BQI].
Brave Radio Friends: Castle Hunter Award 2015
The international DX club Brave Radio Friends sponsors this award which can be obtained each year anew by amateur radio operators or SWLs for contacts with/heards of stations from at least 20 different castles worldwide in a calendar year. There is a different award design for each year. The first calendar year for which you can apply for the award is 2005.
Just send in a list of QSOs with stations from twenty castles worked/heard in the respective year. There is only one award class. All the years from 2005 until 2014 are available.
To obtain the Castle Hunter Award 2015, you must work or hear stations from 20 different castles in 2015.
There is only a free pdf version of the award and you can apply by sending the list to email@example.com
– Dragan YT2KID will be active on the 10th of May 2015 from Ravanica Monastery, WCA/CISA: YU-00033. He plans to work as YT2KID/P on 40, 20 and 17 meters only SSB. QSL via bureau or direct. 73 & 11! [tnx info YT2KID].